Triple-Virgin-Organic-Argan-Hair

4 Ways To Boost Your Water Intake Each Day

Tips To Consuming More Water Easily

Most people know that you should drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water per day as part of your good health strategy. Based on the weather, physical activity, and if pregnant or not, you should drink even more than the recommended amount. Women can drink as much as 91 ounces per day; men 125 ounces. Sadly though, the majority do not drink nearly as much as what the body needs to function at peak efficiency. However, there are a few quick tricks you can use to help get your daily water quota.

1Add Flavor To Your Water

Adding flavor to your water does a couple of amazing things. It makes it taste better, and it can help provide the recommended amount of vitamin C and replace the electrolytes potassium, magnesium, sodium, and calcium lost through sweating. Add lemon, lime, or cucumber to a pitcher of water and see if you don’t enjoy the flavor more than drinking just plain water.

2Drink It Cold

Water tastes better if you drink it cold. Plus, the body has to work harder to warm it up to body core temperature. It means you’ll burn more calories drinking cold water than tepid or water that is closer to your body core temperature.

3Consume Water-Rich Foods

About 80% of your daily water intake comes from drinking; the other 20% comes from the food you eat. Vegetables such as lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes are 95% water. Fresh fruits like blueberries, apples, and oranges are 85% water and are loaded with healthy nutrients and minerals, while watermelon is 95% water! Supplementing your daily water intake, with the recommended daily amount of fresh fruits and vegetables, is a great way to ensure you are getting enough water. All of these foods have additional health benefits, too!

4Use A Pitcher To Track Water Intake

Keeping track of how much water you drink in a day is not easy; however, if you don’t track what you drink, most likely you’ll not get enough. If you are at home all day or have access to a refrigerator at work, put a pitcher filled with 64 ounces of water in the fridge. Keep drinking and refilling your glass or water bottle throughout the day until it is gone. Add some natural water-enriched flavoring mentioned above to enhance its taste and consume even more water.

Water hydrates muscles and keeps your digestive system moving. You have to drink an adequate amount of water each day to avoid getting dehydrated and stay healthy. However, stay away from sugar-laden drinks that also add a significant amount of calories and don’t quench your thirst. Start drinking your way to a healthier you with the tips above!




About Author

John Quintana

John Quintana is a proud Cuban, a lifelong resident of Miami, Florida, where he lives surrounded by a loving family. When he's not writing, he spends his time either fishing or in the kitchen.